Blanket Student Accident Insurance
Parkland School Division annually purchases a blanket student accident insurance for all students. We also purchase a package which enhances coverage for ground ambulance service, special treatment travel and four paramedical services. This coverage is to help with expenses for student injuries that happen on school grounds or during school activities after the parents medical/dental plans have been utilized.
Make a Claim under Blanket Student Accident Insurance (Please use the Blanket Student Accident Claim Form on this page)
Additional Voluntary Coverage
We have made arrangements for families to purchase additional student accident insurance voluntarily through the Kids Plus™ Accident Insurance program. This type of coverage is especially valuable for families who:
- Do not have medical or dental plans
- Have limited plans
- Have active children who enjoy sports and outdoor activities
Kids Plus™ Accident Insurance has a selection of plans to suit most budgets. Benefit coverage includes:
- The full school year (September to September), 24 hours a day, whether at school or at home
- Expenses that are often limited or not covered by private or group insurance plans such as ambulance, physiotherapy, private tutoring, counselling, and much more
- Injury-related dental treatment, including future dental treatment up to age 26
- Out-of-province or country emergency medical expense
This additional insurance can be purchased at any time at the Kids Plus™ Accident Insurance website.
Benefits Transferable From School to School
If you change address during the school year, your Kids Plus™ Accident Insurance plan is transferable from school to school, anywhere in Canada.
Information and enrolment forms are available and given to each student at the beginning of the school year.
Make a claim under Kids Plus™ Accident Insurance Program
For more information about Kids Plus™, contact:
IAP Kids Plus™ Customer Service Representative
For more information about Parkland School Division's insurance for students, contact:
Business & Finance