With the introduction of Bill 1, effective for the 2017-2018 school year, the Division will no longer have jurisdiction to charge a parent of a student fees with respect to instructional supplies and materials or transportation for students residing more than 2.4 kilometers from and who attend their designated school sites.
Changes to Section 51(3) and 60 (2) of the School Act are forthcoming. For more information, read the Fees & Allowances Schedule.
School fees are assessed for field trips, events, student union, middle and high school option courses, instrument rental, special school activities or items needed for a program or class. Further information about these fees can be obtained from the school office or by visiting the school website.
The following are items common to schools across Parkland School Division. Schools may charge any fee up to and including the identified cap.
E - Early Years (K-4)
M - Middle Years (5-9)
S - Senior High (10-12)
Maximum Chargable Fee
|*Portion may be refunded at the end of the year|
Middle School Option Courses
Fees for each of the following courses cannot exceed the cap of $50.00 per course:
- Career and Technology Foundations
- Environmental and Outdoor Education
- Fine Arts
Senior High CTS/Option Courses
Fees for each of the following courses cannot exceed the cap of:
- Three (3) credit course - $50
- Five (5) credit course - $75
Trips are to be charged on a cost recovery basis only (Includes all curricular fieldtrips including activities such as swimming and skating)
- “A” Trips (Day Trips) – maximum of $110.00 per year
- “B” Trips (Overnight Trips within Canada) – maximum of $215.00 per year (Fundraising done for amounts over cap)
- Optional Trips – cost recovery basis only
Physical Literacy And You (PLAY) Parkland
- Physical literacy enrichment program – maximum of $110.00 per year
- Money raised from fees shall be utilized for the purpose for which it was obtained
- At the commencement of each School Year, schools must provide School Councils and parents with a list of field trips planned for the year, along with identified costs for same. Trips are to be charged on a cost recovery basis only.
For more information, read the School Fee Schedule.
Payment of Fees
Pay Fees Online - Acorn Online Payments
Parkland School Division is pleased to advise that the Acorn Online Payment module is now available for School Fees. This convenient new tool is accessible through the PowerSchool Parent Portal and provides parents with the ability to view and print student statements and receipts, transaction history, outstanding fees and make payments online. Methods of payment include Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Interac Online Debit.
For more information on how to use this feature, please view the Acorn Parent Guide.
- If you have received an invoice for school fees, you can either pay in full or use a flexible payment plan. If you wish to use a payment plan, please set up a payment plan within the Acorn Fee Management System.
Waiver of Fees Application
Parents, guardians and independent students may apply for a waiver of instructional material fees, course fees and required transportation fees.
To apply: Complete and submit the Waiver of Fees Application Form before March 31, 2018.
To apply for 2018-2019: Complete and submit the Waiver of Fees Application Form before March 31, 2019.
Transportation fees vary depending on your proximity to your designated school. Please visit Student Transportation to confirm fees and methods of payment.
Non-Resident Tuition Fees
Students who reside outside Parkland School Division boundaries and wish to attend one of our schools may be required to pay a non-resident tuition fee. For more information on non-resident tuition fees, view our Fees & Allowances Schedule.
For more information contact: