Each year our Board approves a fee schedule that outlines the instructional material, school based, transportation, and non-resident fees.
Instructional Material Fees (IMF)
The Province of Alberta School Act allows school jurisdictions to charge fees for instructional materials as they deem necessary. Instructional material fees (IMF) cover the following:
Textbooks are used over and over. Rather than students having to purchase textbooks, the Board supplies them at approximately 1/3 of the actual cost of the books.
Consumables are workbooks, materials and supplies that cannot be passed on to another student.
2016 - 2017 Instructional Material Fees per Student:
Kindergarten (ECS) - Grade 6 $57
Grades 7 - 9 $77
Grades 10 - 12 $121
The Family Plan
The maximum charge for instructional material fees is $280 per family.
- Applies to students in Grades 1 - 12.
- Excludes Kindergarten (ECS) students.
- Applies to instructional material fees only.
- Individual school fees and transportation fees are separate.
Note: If you have children attending more than one school in Parkland School Division, you may pay all fees at one school or at our main office, the Centre for Education. Please advise each school that you have paid instructional material fees using the family plan.
For more information, read the Fees & Allowances Schedule.
School fees are assessed for field trips, events, student union, middle and high school option courses, instrument rental, special school activities or items needed for a program or class. Further information about these fees can be obtained from the school office or by visiting the school website.
For more information, read the School Fee Schedule.
Payment of Fees
Pay Fees Online - Acorn Online Payments
Parkland School Division is pleased to advise that the Acorn Online Payment module is now available for School Fees. This convenient new tool is accessible through the PowerSchool Parent Portal and provides parents with the ability to view and print student statements and receipts, transaction history, outstanding fees and make payments online. Methods of payment include Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Interac Online Debit.
For more information on how to use this feature, please view the Acorn Parent Guide.
Pay Fees In Person
- Complete the 2016 - 2017 Instructional Material Fees Form
- Return the IMF form with payment to the school or the Centre for Education
- Methods of payment vary at each school
- Master Card, Visa, Debit, Cash and Cheque are accepted at the Centre for Education
Parkland School Division, Centre for Education
Stony Plain, AB
- If you have received an invoice for school fees, you can either pay in full or use a flexible payment plan. If you wish to use a payment plan, please complete the Payment Plan Request Form and submit it with post-dated cheques or your credit card information to your child's school or the Centre for Education.
Waiver of Fees Application
Parents, guardians and independent students may apply for a waiver of instructional material fees, course fees and required transportation fees.
To apply: Complete and submit the Waiver of Fees Application Form before March 31, 2018.
Transportation fees vary depending on your proximity to your designated school. Please visit Student Transportation to confirm fees and methods of payment.
Non-Resident Tuition Fees
Students who reside outside Parkland School Division boundaries and wish to attend one of our schools may be required to pay a non-resident tuition fee. For more information on non-resident tuition fees, view our Fees & Allowances Schedule.
For more information contact: