Students today are growing up in a digital world and have become technology savvy, constantly using technology in their everyday lives. To engage these digital citizens in learning, teachers are integrating technology more and more into the classroom which enhances their teaching and leads to greater learning success for students.
The Information Technology (IT) department supports and maintains;
- Administrative and instructional systems (hardware and software)
- Core network infrastructure (wired and wireless)
- High speed fiber network connecting all schools as well as high speed Internet
- Up-to date technology tools to assist teaching/learning such as projectors, interactive whiteboards, videoconferencing, laptop carts for mobile labs, speaker systems and digital document cameras just to name a few.
- Portal website where staff and students can collaborate on learning anytime, anywhere.
Technology is forever changing…sifting through it all to find what is both meaningful and helpful for instruction and learning can be challenging. Working together with all departments and educators, the IT department is committed to supporting the needs of Parkland School Division… ultimately creating 21st century learning environments for enduring success.
For more information contact: