- The Entwistle School Council and Friends of Entwistle Learning Society met at 6pm on Monday, April 23. Area trustee Ron Heinrichs reinforced the hope that the newly elected government will pass the education act. He also discussed the recent ASCA meeting where a number of resolutions were voted upon. We were unable to send a representative, however we had the opportunity to proxy vote through another school. More information on this event can be found at www.albertaschoolcouncils.ca. He also shared with us a very interesting resource for parents and teachers about mental health. Check it out here www.hincksdellcrest.org/abc.
- There's a new photo collage board outside of the main office, for photos of Entwistle School families. These can be school pictures, family events, achievements, community happenings, etc. Please submit your colour photos to the office.
- FOELS bought 12 more chairs for the school, and we are planning on purchasing 58 more, bringing the total up to 100. Our goal is to replace all of the existing blue folding chairs used at assemblies, concerts, etc. We also approved the purchase of 12 new tables to replace the existing portable tables the school is currently using. It was brought to our attention that the mats in the gymnasium are also in need of replacement, and we have passed a motion to replace those as well. We hope to have most of these purchases finalized by the end of May.
- Our Spell-a-Thon was a huge success; $3221.15 was raised for the end of the year field trips. Way to go! We drew names for the prize money at the assembly yesterday, and the winners of the $100 are: Tacey Robertson, Kenzie Pequin, and Tegan Weir. The winners of the $50 prizes are Dane Pequin, Kenzie Pequin, and Lane Seely.
Thank you to Stretch Holdings for donating the prize money. The Pembina Playschool also donated a prize for the student who raised the most money. This year it was a tie between Logan Manzer, and his brother Gavin Manzer. They each raised $215! The teachers were also given a spontaneous spelling test and were very good sports about it, so thank you for participating!
- We have been approved and put on the list to do another Casino in the last quarter of 2014. More will be announced closer to the time of the event.
- Our 4th annual Golf Tournament is on June 8, and we encourage teachers, parents, friends and family to come out and enjoy this great event. There will be prizes, raffles, and a silent auction, as well as the golfing and supper. Watch for more information and ticket availability in the near future!
- As always, we encourage any interested parents, teachers or community members to attend our next meeting, on Monday, May 28 at 6pm in the school library. Hope to see you there!
For more information contact: