Our focus is on the whole child from the time students enter the school. During the 10 years they attend, staff and parents are able to watch their children grow into responsible citizens. We are a caring, community-oriented school that serves a largely rural population. The daily interactions between students, staff and parents reflect a high level of respect and genuine affection.
Unique Features of Our School
- Safe, caring environment that focuses on the development of children and adolescents
- Rural K-9 community school
- Caring, committed and professional staff
- High level of community/parent involvement
- Excellence in academic achievement
- Inclusive settings and programming for students with special needs
- Assistive technology
- Outdoor classroom
- Extensive playground development
- Strong emphasis on utilizing technology to enhance learning
How We Define Success for Our Students
- Academic achievement
- Achieving independence in learning
- Display characteristics of responsible citizenship
- Students participate in a variety of cultural, social and physical activities
What We Are Most Proud of at Our School
- Safe and caring relationships within school.
- Students achieving academic success
- Collaboration and commitment of staff to continuous improvement
- Community/ school partnership that works to ensure student success
What Makes Our School "Good" and How We Know
For more information contact:
- Academics – High student achievement as measured by the grade 3, 6 and 9 Provincial Achievement Tests.
- Professional Development– Our staff continuously seeks to improve its practices to improve
student achievement at Graminia School, with a current focus on critical thinking, technology and assessment.
- Focus on Citizenship and Social Responsibility through implementation of The Leader in Me
- Excellent learning opportunities are provided through differentiated instruction, a variety of complementary courses and integrated special education programs which allows opportunities for success for all students.
- Variety of extracurricular activities – Students from K-9 have opportunities to be involved in extracurricular activities which are provided by both the teaching staff and community programming.
- Community support and involvement – Graminia School celebrates a large percentage of parents volunteering, as demonstrated by the level of parent satisfaction on the annual Parkland School Division Survey.