Set in a beautiful pine forest, Keephills School has rural roots and a history of community support and involvement. The serene environment provides a sense of comfort - a feeling that is reinforced by the atmosphere inside the school. In a school of less than 100 students, everyone knows everyone and this contributes to the strong school spirit. Keephills is a caring, family-oriented, and community-based school. Students and staff consistently demonstrate leadership and success inside and outside our building.
Keephills may be a small school, but it has a big reach. Staff, students, and the community work together to ensure that students are in the best possible learning environment and have every possible opportunity to reach their potential. Our school team strives to make a difference for each individual student. You will love learning here!
Unique Features of Our School
Beautiful pine forest setting, surrounded by farms and close to North Saskatchewan river valley.
Rural roots, a history of community support and involvement.
Small population noted for traditional values and a strong work ethic.
Year-round active students who run, ski, skate, swim and play ball.
Growing & Renewing Our World (G.R.O.W.) project sponsored by TransAlta teaching students to respect and care for our environment.
How We Define Success
Our students leave Keephills with a foundation of self-confidence and self-discipline to become worthwhile individuals and citizens who will help make the world a better place.
What Makes us Proud
- Student and staff accomplishments in academics, sports, and the community
- Staff creating an atmosphere of high expectations for each child, through care, personal connections, hard-work, and commitment
- Our small class size leads to a caring, family-oriented, community-based environment
- Students and staff consistently demonstrate leadership and success inside and outside our building.
- Stakeholder commitment, support and cooperation enables us to continue with many of our traditions, including the Christmas concert, strong School Council, our GROW gardening project and swimming program supported by the Lions’ Club.
- Our beautiful rural location, which fosters a safe, healthy, curriculum-friendly atmosphere.
- Our school teams strive to make a difference for each student.
- Our staff and parents model good manners and behaviour for students who
are expected to act as responsible members of our school community.
- Our students leave Keephills with a strong academic background, a respect for the natural world around them, an appreciation for leading an active lifestyle and the knowledge and skills to be a positive member of a community.
What Makes Our School "Good" and How Do We Know
- Keephills is caring, family orientated, and community based. Students and staff demonstrate leadership and success inside and outside our building on a consistent basis.
- Our staff members are life-long learners and committed to using promising practices and developing their professional skills to improve teaching and student achievement.
- Keephills profits from stakeholder commitment, support and cooperation, steeped as we are in the rural tradition of community involvement and support. Many traditions have carried on year to year including a well-attended Christmas concert, the strong School Council, GROW, (Greening and Renewing Our World) gardening project, and a Swim@School Swimming Program supported by the Lions’ Club.
- Our beautiful rural location fosters a safe, healthy, curriculum- friendly atmosphere.
- Our parents as well as our larger school community (including Trans-Alta and the Brightbank Lions Club) are very supportive of the students, our school and our programs.
For more information contact: