Entwistle School is about relationships. The relationship between staff and students has created an environment where students thrive, and learning happens in many different ways. We want our students to develop a love for learning that will last a lifetime, and the school’s many programs support this goal. In fact, school programs such as our Advisory Program promote students from different grades working together to achieve common goals.
Entwistle School is also very much about family. When visitors walk in the door, they are greeted by a wall of student family photos. The families are as much a part of the school community as the students, and student success is a shared responsibility. It is no wonder that Entwistle School is known as “The Little School with the Big Heart.”
Unique Features of Our School
- A small school characterized by a strong social conscience that enriches the community.
- Character education programs such as D.A.R.E., M.A.D.D., It’s Cool, Bee Aware, and the Grandparent Program.
- Accomplishments related to growth, development, and citizenship recognized at monthly Student Celebration Assemblies and student reward days.
- Participation in the Quad-School Option program offering a wide selection of cross-graded complementary courses for grades 7-9.
- In-house cross-grade exploratory options for grade 5-9.
- Competitive athletic teams in volleyball, basketball, cross-country running, badminton, and track and field.
- School and community library with a large selection of titles.
How We Define Success For Our Students
- Students develop a love for learning that lasts throughout their lives.
- Students are actively engaged in their learning.
- Students model the characteristics of active citizenship and social responsibility.
- Students achieve important learning goals and demonstrate social and emotional growth.
What Makes us Proud
- The commitment of the entire school community who work together to inspire, promote and celebrate student success.
- The high level of trust that exists between students and staff. Relationships in this learning community are built on honesty, caring, and mutual respect.
- The instructional effectiveness that allows students to have excellent learning opportunities.
- The determination of staff to ensure our students and academically, emotionally and technically prepared for the 21st century.
What Makes Our School "Good" And How Do We Know
- A staff committed to working as a team and offering a variety of school courses, extracurricular activities, and community initiatives so that every student can find a way to shine.
- Entwistle School has a positive and caring environment that is illustrated in the students’ attitudes and how they try to succeed.
- The learning environment at Entwistle School is characterized by collaboration. Not only are students, parents, staff, and community members involved in the life of the school, but also students and adults alike are engaged in learning. It is a vibrant learning community.
- Excellent learning opportunities and differentiated instruction that ensures success for all learners.
- There is strong, positive communication among families, school staff, and community.
For more information contact: