Every year since the school opened, we, the staff, students and parents of High Park School, along with the Kinsmen Club of Stony Plain have produced and delivered Christmas hampers to needy, deserving, and appreciative families within the County of Parkland.
When Can I Donate?
Collection of hamper items will begin Monday, November 28 and continue until Friday, December 9. The hampers need to be ready for pick up on Monday, December 12 by the Kinsmen Club.
What Can I Donate?
This year we are collecting donations of food and toys for 11 families. Logistics of the families (gender and ages of family members) will be made available to students as soon as we receive them from the Kinsmen Club.
Our goal is to provide these families with food to help them enjoy a less stressful Christmas season. The hope is for the hampers to contain a variety of foods and trimmings for a Christmas meal, extra food items to last through two weeks, and a gift for every child.
Here is a list of suggested items for the food hampers:
- Peanut butter
- Granola bars
- Ketchup, mustard, mayonnaise
- Boxed potatoes
- Pasta & sauce
- Juices – fruit /vegetable
- Coffee / tea / hot chocolate
- Canned fruit and veggies
- Cooking /vegetable oil
- Soda and snack crackers
- Pancake mix , syrup
- Gravy mix
How Else Can I Help?
You can help support this very worthwhile project by:
- Sending non-perishable food items to school with your child (ren).
- Allowing your child (ren) to participate in the Candy Cane Messages sales, at a cost of $.50 each, during the week of Dec. 5-9. Messages to classmates and staff are written on ‘hearts’, a candy cane will be attached, and these messages will be delivered to the recipients in the school before the Christmas holidays. Money raised goes toward buying gifts certificates for turkeys, hams, further trimmings, and gifts for our families.
- Donating Canadian Tire money or Boston Pizza receipts with “Project Education” stamped on them (from Stony Plain Boston Pizza) which will be used to purchase further items for the hampers. (We collect Boston Pizza receipts and Canadian Tire money throughout the year in aid of this project.)
- If you wish to donate major items for the hampers, please contact your child’s homeroom teacher, Mrs. Linda Naismyth or Mrs. Colleen Woloshyn.
If any parents are interested in volunteering with this project, in case we need help sorting or
transporting items, please send your name and phone number to Mrs. Rogers at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your enormous support in this endeavour. It shows our true spirit in this season of giving and allows us to demonstrate the value of giving back to our community.
“May You and Yours Have a Wonderful Christmas.”
For more information contact:
High Park School