Volunteers are most welcome and are an integral part of learning in our school! Please contact the office, your child’s teacher or the School Council for more information.
As a volunteer you may wish to:
- Assist in the classroom, library or office
- Help out with special projects, on field trips, or as resource people
- Assist with lunch breaks, hot lunch or hot dog program, fundraising, and School Council
- Help with special events such as the Christmas Shopping Extravaganza, skating, swimming and Sports Day
If you have artistic or decorative talents we would welcome your skills to work with display cases, bulletin boards, or set creation for the Christmas Play.
As a volunteer in our learning community you are required to:
- Complete a PSD volunteer registration form and confidentiality agreement.
- Complete an RCMP Criminal Record Check.
- Check in at the office and sign both in and out in the Volunteer Log Book
When volunteering at the school, please respect the privacy of staff and students. If you require something from a classroom or from the general office, please ask and we will be happy to offer some assistance. Confidential information is kept at the school and we must ensure that this information is kept secure.
From time to time, you may be working with a student or become aware of a situation that may have occurred while you are at the school. We ask that you treat all student-related matters with confidentiality. Under FOIP (Freedom of Information and Privacy), we will not discuss student or staff matters with parent volunteers. We ask for your cooperation in these matters.
Volunteers play a large part in making Keephills School such a special place for children and we appreciate the time and energy that volunteers dedicate to our school community.
How to Become a Volunteer
As part of Parkland School Division Administrative Procedure 491, all volunteers are required to:
Please review the Division Administrative Procedures regarding volunteers.
Volunteer Administrative Procedure #491
For more information contact: