Start from where the children are and go from there. That is a basic principle that Millgrove School follows to help meet its vision of creating safe and caring learning environments in which children construct knowledge and experience success. The early years is the time to get children hooked on learning by tapping into their interests and natural curiosity.
Unique Features of Our School
- Early Years school
- ELITE SMART School - One of four schools in North America with ELITE Smart Technology Designation
- Innovative Classrooms – All classrooms have SMART Boards, Visual presenters, FM Systems, access to Student Response Systems, Video Conferencing and Assistive Technology, SMART table
- Focus on Literacy - All classrooms practice Balanced Literacy daily.
- Focus on Numeracy/Number Sense – Constructivist Approach to learning mathematics.
- Excellence in academic achievement
- Inclusive settings and effective programming for students with diverse learning needs
- Daily scheduled physical activity
- Emphasis is placed on collaboration, problem solving, inquiry based learning, critical thinking and creativity
- Caring, committed and professional staff
- Professional Learning Communities – working in partnership with Brookwood School and Parkland Village School.
How We Define Success for Our Students
- Academic Achievement – Strong commitment to literacy and numeracy
- Citizenship & Resiliency - Ability to be creative; problem solve, make practical applications to learning and become self-advocates
- Involvement & Global Awareness – Becoming active and meaningful members of a community
For more information contact: