Resources for Grades 7-12
Click on a category to view the resources available.
- Literacy (Language Arts)
- Numeracy (Math)
- Social Studies
- Physical Education
- Second Languages
- Other Resources
Literacy (Language Arts)
- Alberta Education List of Authorized Novels & Nonfiction - List of books authorized for study in Grades 7-9.
- LeVar Burton Reads Podcast - The former Reading Rainbow host reads stories by a variety of popular authors. Watch for content advisories on some episodes.
- The Literacy Shed - Videos that can be used as creative writing prompts.
- NASA: Access Mars - A virtual tour of the surface of Mars created using images from NASA's Curiosity rover.
- Radiolab Podcast - A science podcast devoted to investigating a strange world.
- Science News For Students - Science articles and experiments geared towards tweens and teens.
- The China Guide: Great Wall Virtual Tour - A virtual tour of the Great Wall of China.
- The Secret Life of Canada - A podcast about little-known or often overlooked Canadian history.
- 12 World Class Museums You Can Visit Online - A list of notable museums from around the world that offer virtual tours.
- Basketball HQ: Training Videos - Videos demonstrating basketball training drills.
- Breakthrough Basketball: 100 Basketball Training Drills for Players - Basketball training drills demonstrated in videos with accompanying text explanations.
- BodyCoachTV: 20 Minute Workouts - 20 minute workouts for older children and adults.
- FitnessBlender - Free workout videos that can be filtered to suit the user based on multiple criteria.
- Healthier, Happier: Exercises - A searchable database of interval exercises sorted by type and demonstrated in GIFs and videos.
- Line Dance Tutorials at Moonshine Flats - A variety of line dance tutorials.
- Nike Training Club - An app that grants access to over 190 free workouts across strength, endurance, yoga and mobility, targeting your abs, arms, shoulders, glutes and legs.
- Orangetheory Fitness: At-Home Workouts - 30-minute workouts that use minimal equipment.
- Popsugar Fitness - A variety of workout videos hosted by celebrity trainers.
- Reid Hall - Exercise videos designed to improve players' volleyball skills. Some exercises require special equipment.
- Yoga with Adrienne - A variety of yoga exercise videos.
- Louvre Museum: Online Tours - A virtual tour of the Louvre Museum in Paris, France.
- The Metropolitan Museum of Art: Online Features - Explore the museum's collection and go on a virtual tour.
- Fender: Free Guitar Lessons - A series of guitar tutorial videos for beginners that teach notes and chords, which then can be used to play popular songs.
- Doing What's Best For Kids: 10-12 Parent Resources - A variety of everyday activities that can be done at home with teens, which mimic real life skills and engage their minds.
- Mental Floss - Facts, trivia, videos and quizzes on a wide range of topics.