COVID-19 Educational Resources
The following resources provide useful information about and/or during the COVID-19 pandemic, which you can use to learn more about the disease, and relay to your children in a manner they will be able to understand, without causing them any undue anxiety. Also included here are ideas for activities to pass the time during the stay-at-home directive, and tips for fostering student learning in an online environment.
More resources will be added to this page as they become available. For health and financial resources for individuals and families, check out our Community Resources and Crisis Hotlines page.
For the latest COVID-19 information, please visit the Alberta Health Services website. If you or a family member is experiencing symptoms consistent with COVID-19, please access the self assessment tool from Alberta Health Services.
- KidsActivities.com: Education Companies Offering Free Subscriptions Due to School Closures
- COVIBOOK - A PDF picture book designed to explain the pandemic to young children
- Battle River School Division: Wellness and Learning Support for Parents
- Chinook's Edge School Division: Handwashing Lesson Plans
- Alberta Health Services: Building Resilient Families by Promoting Positive Mental and Physical Health
- Alberta Health Services: Supporting You With Kids At Home
- Alberta Health Services: 50 Things to Do at Home
- Koru Family Psychology: Engaging Your Kids Without Going Crazy
- National Association of School Psychologists: Talking to Children About COVID-19
Student Services Parent Support Videos
The following videos were created by Parkland School Division Collaborative Teaching Partners, and designed to help parents transition to a learning-from-home environment while adjusting to the new lifestyle changes brought on by the COVID-19 pandemic.
COVID-19 Educational Videos
These videos demonstrate how a virus like COVID-19 behaves, and what everyone is able to do to help stop its spread.
This video demonstrates how to wash your hands thoroughly with soap.