IMPORTANT: Please remember to complete the COVID-19 Screening Questionnaire each school day prior to entering your school building.
Division Plan for School Re-entry
Under the Government of Alberta's K to 12 School Re-entry Plan (specifically Scenario 1), schools will implement a number of public health measures, which include frequent cleaning of surfaces, placing hand sanitizers at school entrances and classrooms, grouping students in cohorts, and planning the school day to allow for physical distancing, which could include staggering start times for classes, recesses and lunches. Additional public health measures may be established prior to September on the advice of the chief medical officer of health in consultation with the education system.
As local school authorities have the responsibility of planning for all three scenarios, Parkland School Division is well-positioned to move forward with our plan: PSD 2020-21 Plan for School Re-entry
Students, staff, parents and school visitors will be expected to use the COVID-19 Screening Questionnaire each school day. Your answers will determine whether or not you may enter the school. If you answer "Yes" to any of these questions, you will be directed to go home and use the Alberta Health Services Online Assessment Tool, which will then determine if any self-isolation or testing is required.
Student and staff safety is the centre of all decisions that guide PSD’s Re-entry Plan. Parkland School Division is committed to Student Success and Well-Being. The Division recognizes that, as a system, well-being must be present for all stakeholders, and therefore is committed to fostering physical literacy, life-long health and well-being at all levels.
Mandatory Mask Use for Grades 4-12
As announced by the Education Minister August 4, 2020, and further clarified with the Chief Medical Officer of Health's Order 33-2020, mask use for students in Grades 4 to 12, as well as all school staff, will be mandatory when school returns for the 2020-2021 school year. Staff will be required to wear masks in all settings where physical distancing cannot be maintained, and students will be required to wear them in all shared and common areas, such as hallways and on buses. Mask use for Kindergarten to Grade 3 students will continue to be optional.
Every single Kindergarten to Grade 12 student will be provided with two reusable masks. This will ensure that students who are required to wear masks will have them, and will allow for our Kindergarten to Grade 3 students to have masks should they wish to wear them. We will also provide all of our teachers, school staff, and bus drivers with two masks.
Please also refer to Parkland School Division's Mask Protocol.
Healthy Hygiene Update
As part of our School Re-entry Plan, we indicated that entrances to schools and classrooms will require hand sanitizing stations. To assist our schools with stocking up on sanitizer, Alberta’s government will provide approximately 466,000 litres of hand sanitizer to school authorities across Alberta.
Every school will be supplied with two contactless thermometers to assist with managing student and staff health. Thermometer use will be at the discretion of the school authority.
Alberta Health and Alberta Health Services are working hard to expand testing capacity and reduce turnaround times for testing, including in-school staff, teachers and students, so that anyone with symptoms or close contacts of cases can be rapidly tested and receive test results promptly.
Please also refer to Parkland School Division's Enhanced Cleaning Protocol.
- PSD 2020-21 Plan for School Re-Entry (updates in progress)
- PSD 2020-21 Guidance for School Re-Entry - Principal's Handbook
- PSD Early Education Re-Entry Plan
- 2019-2020 Year-End Superintendent Message for Parents & Guardians
- PSD Staff/Parent Survey Summary(s)
- PSD Frequently Asked Questions
- PSD Policies and Procedures
- COVID-19 Screening Questionnaire
- Mask Protocol
- Transportation Services COVID-19 Measures
- Educational Options for 2020-2021
- Enhanced Cleaning Protocol
- Staff and Students School Entry Protocol
- Visitor Entry Protocol for PSD School Sites
- Responding to Illness Protocol
- Casual Support Staff Entry Protocol for Schools and PSD Sites
- COVID Record Keeping Protocol
- Staff Guide for Mental Health
- Substitute Teacher Protocol
- COVID Protocol for Supporting Students with Complex Needs
- Protocol for Educational Assistants Working in the Home of Students with Complex Needs
- COVID Frequently Asked Questions
- Parkland School Division Pre-Existing Condition Form
- Parkland School Division Accommodation and Leave Protocol
- Parkland School Division Extracurricular and Classroom Cohorts Protocol
School Re-Entry Plans
- Blueberry School
- Brookwood School
- École Broxton Park School
- Connections for Learning
- Copperhaven School
- Duffield School
- Entwistle School
- Forest Green School
- Graminia School
- Greystone Centennial Middle School
- High Park School
- Memorial Composite High School
- École Meridian Heights School
- Millgrove School
- Muir Lake School
- Parkland Village School
- Prescott Learning Centre
- Spruce Grove Composite High School
- Stony Plain Central School
- Tomahawk School
- Wabamun School
- Woodhaven Middle School
Negative Test Declarations
- Cleaning Protocol 1. Template - (PDF version)
- Cleaning Protocol 1. Template - (Word version)
- Cleaning Protocol 2. School Checklist - (PDF version)
- Cleaning Protocol 2. School Checklist - (Word version)
- Cleaning Protocol 3. Classroom Checklist - (PDF version)
- Cleaning Protocol 3. Classroom Checklist - (Word version)
Material Safety Data Sheets
- Student Germs-be-Gone Hand Sanitizer
- Visitor Entrance - Ultra Hand Sanitizer
- EV Sunrise Disinfectant
- NeutraQuat 256
Alberta Government/Alberta Health Services Resources
- Chief Medical Officer of Health's Order 33-2020
- Back to School During COVID-19
- K TO 12 School Re-Entry - Guidance and Plans for Students to Start the 2020-21 School Year