Parents that choose to register their child in a school other than their designated school are required to pay an additional transportation fee. In order to do this, families must print off and submit a School of Choice form.
Transportation will be provided for students who choose to attend a school other than their designated school, provided:
- There is space available on the bus
- The bus does not have to be diverted from the regular approved route
- The receiving school has the space available to accommodate the child
- That applicable fees are paid
The following transported students will not be required to pay for cross attendance area transportation fees:
- Students with special needs directed to a specialized program outside their designated school
- Students enrolled in specialized programming for which provincial transportation funding is provided
- Students attending a non-designated school, who were residing within an optional transportation area that was removed by the Board during the 2004/05 school year (this applies only to those students currently enrolled in Parkland, not their siblings who will be entering the system)
Note: Students enrolled in specialized programming, such as Maranatha, at a school other than their designated school will be required to pay the cross attendance area fees.
For more information contact:
Stony Plain, AB T7Z 2A8