The Parkland School Division Education Plan outlines our Vision, Mission, Values, Ultimate Goal and Priorities. These important components of our plan ensure that we are strongly delivering on our obligations to our students, parents, staff and community stakeholders. A strong plan will ensure that we are continuously improving on our delivery of service.
The Education Plan begins with a bold new Vision and Mission, created and affirmed by the division’s leaders, staff and stakeholders in the Spring of 2019. An Education Plan reveals the map and provides:
- A strong Vision to firmly state where we want and expect to be in the future;
- A clear Mission to state how we intend to travel;
- An Ultimate Goal that shows the reward for getting where we are headed;
- Values that serve as guide rails and keep us on the path;
- Priorities that enable us to continuously check that we’re going the right direction;
- Assurance Elements that are the objectives we need to attend to along the way to build confidence; and
- Strategies that capture how we plan to attend to those objectives.
As a blueprint for success, this plan ensures that all of our schools are on the same voyage. The school division and all our schools engage students, staff, parents and their local communities in creating strategies with clear outcomes that pave the way to Student Success and Well-Being.
By participating in Alberta Education’s Assurance Model, our stakeholders are actively engaged in the development of local priorities and plans. Our education plan ensures that we remain simultaneously forward-thinking and responsive to stakeholder concerns. As Parkland School Division is committed to growth and learning, our educational planning is a process without beginning or end. By developing clearly visible elements and effective strategies in our education planning process, we have emerged as both a transformative and transparent school division.
The Education Plan for Parkland School Division No. 70 provides future direction, commencing September 1, 2019. This plan was prepared under the direction of the Board in accordance with responsibilities under the School Act and the Fiscal Planning and Transparency Act.
This education plan was developed in the context of the provincial government’s business and fiscal plans. The Board has used its performance results to develop the plan and is committed to implementing the strategies contained within the plan to improve student learning and results.