Occasional Alternate Bus Service
Since the majority of our buses are running at or close to capacity, it is more important than ever for parents and guardians to give Transportation Services 24-hour notice when their child wants to catch a ride home on the bus with a friend.
If your child wants to ride a different school bus (i.e. to go home with a friend), or wants to bring a friend home on the bus, please remember to do the following:
- Ensure that the child who intends to ride the alternate bus is registered for Parkland School Division transportation and has a valid bus pass. For safety reasons, we are unable to transport students who are not registered in our transportation system.
- Contact Transportation Services at firstname.lastname@example.org with your request at least 24 hours in advance. Include:
- The date and time (i.e. AM or PM) the child(ren) wish to ride the alternate bus
- The names of the child(ren) involved
- The number(s) of the affected bus route(s)
Transportation Services will contact the requested bus and determine if the needed space is available for the date requested. Approval will be based on space and availability.
- Check your email for confirmation from Transportation Services that alternate transportation is available and your request has been approved.
We understand that emergency situations may arise where a student needs to ride an alternate bus without notice, and Transportation Services will coordinate with school administrators to assist in these rare circumstances. Outside of these situations, please be aware that students will not be permitted to ride an alternate bus without prior permission from Transportation Services.
Families are encouraged to familiarize themselves with the Student Transportation Guide for Parents & Guardians.
For more information contact:
Stony Plain, AB T7Z 2A8