All new school facilities are funded from the Province of Alberta through Alberta Education in consultation with the Department of Infrastructure. Each year, school jurisdictions submit facility needs for the next three years and await funding and approval from the province.
On April 2, 2019, The Board approved the Three-Year Capital Plan 2020-2023 with the following priorities:
Year One: 2020-2021
- Priority One: Modernization of Spruce Grove Composite High School at a cost of $20-25 million dollars.
Year Two: 2021-2022
- Priority One: Modernization and preservation of Brookwood School at a cost of $12-14 million dollars.
- Priority Two: Modernization and preservation of Forest Green School at a cost of $12-16 million dollars.
Year Three: 2020-2021
- Priority One: Replacement of Parkland Village School at a cost of $14-18 million dollars.
- Priority Two: Modernization and preservation of Tomahawk School at a cost of $14-16 million dollars.
School Facility Utilization Review
The School Facility Utilization Review is a support document that will provide future direction to Parkland School Division.